Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm Thinking About Some Stuff

I'm having the kind of day where I think I should try to be witty and engaging, but the truth is, I'm so tired all I want to do is take a nap. So this what's on my mind today, in short.

Did you know baby seals are dying from bird flu, a sign that the virus has mutated and may reach other mammal populations? I'm fascinated by the science of viruses. I'm not sure why. I think I've read too many books set during the Black Plague, and I'm not unconvinced that a world-wide pandemic will happen during my lifetime. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but that's one that holds on.

And then there's other things, like, the mountain of unfinished projects I've got going. Books I'm writing. Sewing and home improvement projects. Stuff I'm avoiding thinking about, because starting and never finishing projects isn't a trait I like about myself.

And I have several evenings free this week, and it would be a good time to adress them, but really, this whole Kristen Stewart cheating scandal is much more interesting. I don't think much of her acting ability, not because I've seen many of her movies, but because she seems to lack poise in interviews. Pretty, yes, but all that running her fingers through her hair and slouching and biting her lip looks ridiculous. So it's not so much her that holds my interest, it's the rabid fan reactions to the story. Like that girl posting a video of herself crying on camera, and the ones tweeting that their whole life is a lie because of something that happened to two people they don't know, and likely never will. Strangly fascinating.

Also, did you know that half of India was without electricity today? I guess you could say that's another  thing that I'm wondering when it'll happen here. India, of course, has a host of infastructure issues, and has had these problems before, but I can't help but be fascinated by the idea of hundreds of millions of people without power. That and and a world-wide pandemic, and suddenly we're living in the pages of Stephen King's The Stand. And then I woudn't have to go to work, and could actually take a nap.

I'm mean, sure, it would be a sign of the Apocolypse, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment